Normand Porlier is an information technology (IT) professional and a generalist with more than 30 years of experience. Over the past 15 years, he has been in charge of the IT departments of large Québec companies, in particular for organizations operating in the gas distribution, manufacturing, media and insurance sectors. He joined Richter in 2011.
Current Position and Responsibilities
Norman’s duties include ensuring the sound management of all of the firm’s IT-related activities so that they meet operating and strategic requirements. He also manages the project office in addition to being in charge of the firm’s administrative services.
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Member of the Réseau Action TI, since 1999
- Member of the Réseau METIQ, since 2009
- MGP (Master’s Degree in Project Management), Université du Québec à Montréal, 2009
- MBA, HEC Montréal, 1997
- B. Man., (Bachelor of Management), HEC Montréal, 1994
- DEC in Information Technology, Collège de Maisonneuve, 1979
- “La gestion documentaire,” Réseau METIQ, 2012
- “Cloud Computing,” Forum CIO, 2009
- “L’impartition, le défi au quotidien,” Réseau Action TI, 2004
- “Les TI au sein des organisations,” Collège de Maisonneuve, 2001 and 2003
- “L’impact d’un progiciel intégré au sein des organisations,” Fédération de l’informatique (FIQ) du Québec, 2002
- “Entente de service avec la clientèle interne,” Institut international de recherche, 1999
- Fund-raising director for the St-Léonard synchronized skating team (2000-2004)
- Chairman and secretary of a gymnastics club (1992-2002)
- Using information technology to solve strategic and operating problems.
- “Implementing new technology takes time, but with a people-oriented approach we will succeed.”
- Steve Jobs