Duncan Lau is a senior member of Richter Advisory Group Inc. in Toronto. He has acted as an advisor to debtors, secured lenders and private equity firms in corporate restructurings and turnarounds. Duncan has over 10 years of financial advisory experience and has assisted clients with assessing their strategic options, developing a go-forward action plan, managing stakeholders, and negotiations.
Duncan specializes in early distressed situations and utilizes data analytics to assist his clients with making informed decisions. He provides clients with a range of services including corporate restructuring assessment, performance improvement, business reviews, financial due diligence and in-depth cost analysis, and has experience across various industries.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate restructuring
- Early distressed consulting
- Data analytics
- Scenario and financial modeling
- Working capital management
- Automotive and leasing
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional, (CIRP), 2013
- Certified Management Accountant, (CMA), 2005
- Bachelor of Commerce and Finance, University of Toronto, 1998
- Co-Author, “Automotive Industry: Distress Signs Lenders Should Watch for as Loan Delinquencies Rise”, National Creditor Debtor Review, September, 2016