With more than 25 years of professional experience, Marie-Claude Frigon manages large audit engagements, serving business leaders operating in the retail, innovation and technology, manufacturing and publishing sectors. She helps business leaders identify and analyze problems inherent to their sector, in today’s very volatile business environment, and proposes concrete and practical solutions. She is recognized for her retail expertise and is often asked to give media interviews. Marie-Claude has also given a number of speeches to retail business groups.
Marie-Claude has been a partner since 2003. She also manages Richter’s Retail Consulting Services as well as the Innovation and Technology Groups. She is in charge of assurance engagements for companies, public and private, operating in a variety of industries. She works mainly with company executives, providing assistance to ensure sound business management. She also contributes to the company’s growth and development by advising management in areas relating to strategic planning, business plan development, the preparation of financial and budget forecasts, and the review of internal controls. Marie-Claude provides particular assistance to retailers in matters relating to inventory management and control, industry earnings analyses, and provides financial and operating advisory services.
Fields of expertise
- Strategic planning
- Development of business plans
- Preparation of financial forecasts and budgets
- Review of internal controls and related recommendations
- Financial and operational advisory services
- Inventory control and management
- Industry earnings analysis
- Earnings benchmark analysis
- Innovation and technology
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA auditor, CA), 1990
- Chartered Professional Accountants Canada, Uniform Final Examination – 1988
- B.B.A. (with distinction), Specialization in accounting, McGill University – 1987
Professional and community involvement
- Quoted in an article by Pierre Couture. “Fermeture de magasins Sears: maux de tête et opportunités,” Journal de Québec, June 2017
- Quoted in an article by Pierre Couture. “ Sears Canada au bord de la faillite” Journal de Québec, June 2017
- Interviewed by Mario Dumont. “Les problèmes des grands détaillants ne surprennent personne” TVA Nouvelles, June 2017
- Quoted in an article by Julien Arsenault. “ Dollarama acceptera les cartes de crédit dans ses magasins ” La Presse, March 2017
- Quoted in an article by André Dubuc. “Où est donc passé le père Noël,”La Presse, December 2016.
- Quoted in an article by Anne Gaignaire. “Ces PME québécoises qui osent se lancer en Bourse,” Les Affaires, October 2016.
- With Phil Lichtsztral. “4 benchmarking lessons for the retail sector”, October 2016.
- Author. “Retail: Five questions to grow your profits in 2016”, March 2016.
- Television interview on LCN on Black Friday, November 2015.
- Quoted in the article by Marie-Ève Fournier. “Frénésie et frustrations du Vendredi fou,” La Presse, November 2015.
- Radio interview. « CJAD News » on CJAD on Black Friday, November 2015.
- Television interview. « Evening news » on Global on Black Friday, November 2015.
- Television interview. « News Montreal » on CTV on Black Friday, November 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Michelle Lalonde. “Make that list : tips on holiday shopping for the reluctant and the keen,” The Gazette, November 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Rogers. “Commerce de détail : à quand le magasin intelligent?,” Les Affaires, November 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Isabelle Massé. “Qu’est-ce qui ne va pas avec Sears,” La Presse (Affaires), August 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Stéphan Dussault. “Les magasins tombent comme des mouches,” Journal de Montréal, April 2015.
- Radio interview. “Les éclaireurs” on the technological lagging of retailers, on Radio-Canada, March 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Isabelle Massé. “Commerce de détail : après l'hécatombe,” La Presse (Affaires), February 2015.
- Panelist. “Corporate State Summit-Leaping to Multi-Channel,” Montreal, February 2015.
- Radio interview. “Désautels le dimanche” on Radio-Canada on the effects of the recent changes in the retail sector, January 2015.
- Television interview. “À la une” on Argent TV channel on the Black Friday and CyberMonday phenomena, November 2014.
- Panelist. “Corporate State Summit-Retail will never be the same,” Montreal, January 2014.
- Retail expert witness before the Superior court, Montreal district (2013) and before the Administrative Tribunal of Quebec in retail cases (2008), 2013 and 2008.
- Presenter. Congrès du Conseil québécois du commerce de detail, March 2012, 2010, 2009 and April 2004.
- President of the jury responsible for the selection of finalists and winners of the Dunamis Awards, 2012 and 2011.
- Moderator at the SAQ-HEC retail training program since its creation, Since 2010.
- Presentation at the Congrès du Quartier Petit Champlain, June 2009.
- Presenter. Morguard Annual Conference, September 2008.
- Presenter. Ivanhoe Cambridge Annual Conference, November 2007.