Fred Fuchs has been managing complex mandates and working with international clients for years. He acts as a business advisor to a wide cross section of manager-owned companies in all industries, with a particular emphasis in the real estate and public company sectors.
Fred is the market leader of Richter’s real estate sector. He has significant experience in that sector and is a well-respected advisor for companies active in the commercial and residential real estate.
Fred works very closely with his clients, assisting them in finding practical solutions to complicated issues. Clients value his expertise in the areas of establishing business plans, carrying out complex transactions, obtaining bank financing and seeking government assistance.
Fred has been involved in various public offerings, conversions of clients to IFRS, guidance in quarterly and annual reporting, and major real estate transactions. He has also prepared court-submitted reports and testified as an expert witness in various court cases. He assisted clients from various industries in their acquisition and other critical business decisions.
Fields of expertise
- Assurance services
- Establishing business plans
- Assisting companies on complex transactions
- Bank financing
- Financial reporting (IFRS, Canadian and U.S. GAAP)
- Real estate
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Public company sector
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1982
- Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 1981
- B.Com., McGill University, 1980
Professional and community involvement
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) -Member since 2008
- Urban Development Institute of Quebec (UDI) - Member since 1990
- Bialik High School - Vice-President, Finance from 2004 to 2009
- Solomon Schechter Academy - Vice-President from 1997 to 2003
- Saidye Bronfman Centre - Chairman of the Board from 2000 to 2002
- With Brenda Cormier. “Will the Proposed Changes to Joint Venture Accounting Affect the Real Estate Industry?,” Espace Magazine, January, 2009.
- With Laurence Malka, “IFRS.” Espace Magazine, January, 2008.