With solid skills in a diverse range of consulting services acquired over the years, Phil provides advice to wholesalers and retailers with respect to corporate reorganizations and restructuring, procurements, short- and long-term financing for retailers, mergers and acquisitions, inventory control and management, including open-to-buy, retail organization structure and compensation, as well as store profitability.
Phil has been with the firm for 37 years. His audit and assurance practice has primarily focused on the retail industry since 1987. He is currently head of our Retail Consulting Services Group, which assists retail management in identifying, analyzing and providing meaningful and practical solutions to the problems arising in today's highly volatile retail environment.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate reorganizations and restructuring
- Short- and long-term financing for retailers
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Inventory control and management
- Retail organization structure
- Store profitability
- Specialty apparel
- Hard goods retail
- Nationally branded and private label merchandise
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1979
- Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 1978
- B.Com., McGill University, 1977
Professional and community involvement
- Chartered Accountants of Ontario – Member
- Retail Council of Canada – Member
- Conseil québécois du commerce de détail –Member
- National Retail Federation (US) - Member
- Quoted in the article, “Canada’s retail landscape is ‘going to be rough’,” The Globe and Mail, February 2, 2012, February 2012.
- Quoted in the article by Sheila McGovern, “Retailers had grim holiday 2009 looks dicey. U.S. giants slash earnings forecasts,” The Gazette, January 9, 2009, p. B1, January 2009.
- Quoted in the article by Sheila McGovern, “Reitmans' holiday sales slip Same-store data 'more or less in line with expectations',” The Gazette, January 8, 2009, p. B3, January 2009.
- Quoted in the article by Isabelle Grégoire, “Les habits neufs de Reitmans,”Revue Commerce, vol. 106, n˚ 12, December 2005, p. 50, December 2005.
- Quoted in the article by Martin Jolicoeur, “Les ventes de Noël devraient être meilleures,” Les Affaires, November 22, 2003, p. 16, November 2003.